Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can anyone identify this old Carlsbro bass head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hellsgate, Feb 5, 2006.

1. hellsgate

hellsgate

Dec 27, 2005
    Hey guys and gals,
    I'm thinking about buying the amp in these pictures. Thing is, the dude selling it hasn't any more of a clue about it than I do. I'm basically wanting to know its RMS rating and anything else that might be relevant. I think it's about 20 years old or so (nearly as old as me). Can any of you help? (Sorry about the link to the photo-hoster at the bottom, but if they do it for free, who can argue?)

Pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

Host Photos With PicTiger

2. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    I think that is the Stingray. I had the big combo 15" version. Can't remember wattage but 120watts or 150watts seems to ring a bell. Brings back some memories... it was my first 'pro' bassamp.

I liked it at the time but do not know how it would compare today, some old tapes I have sound pretty good.

The buttons were quite funky - think they were like filters. You could press 2 or more at once though I'm not sure if it was recommended.

I'd say it's more like 25 years old!

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    It looks a lot like vintage Traynor (Yorkville), could have been a subsidiary?

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Looks like an old one all right. They're made in England I believe and still sold there.

For sure it has nothing to do with Traynor or Yorkville although there is a faint resemblance to the old solid state Traynor.