1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone identify what bass this is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SukramNegah, Oct 4, 2010.

1. SukramNegah

SukramNegah

Oct 4, 2010
    :help:

Got this bass from my uncle some years ago. Its got an S on the head but no other indication to what brand or model it might be. Neither do the pickups or tuning heads have any written text. I used to think it was a samick, but I've never seen them use this kind of logo. It was originally fretted. Here's a links to a couple of pictures of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right, start guessing or knowing.

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    no image found

3. Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass SukramNegah.

Samic?

Regards
    Sam

4. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Select the entire filename from http to .jpg and copy that into a new tab. Works for me, even the one with the å character. :smug:

Unfortunately, can't help identify the bass, but I do like how it looks. Does it at least play well?

5. SukramNegah

SukramNegah

Oct 4, 2010
    Yeah, the links were botched by the spaces. You'll need to do as Stealth said to view the pics.

It plays nice. A bit high action, but that just keeps tone clean of jingle/rustling or whatever its called.

6. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
  7. Hi.

How old is the bass? Approximately.

Samic had specific models for different export regions back in the day IIRC, I don't know whether that's still their way.

Regards
    Sam

8. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    I see that there's a "Made in XXXXX" decal at the base of the neck...what does it say?

9. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Most certainly a Samik. Not sure what model though.

10. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

before i started reading comments, i figured samick as well.

11. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Most certainly a Samick. I bought a short-scale a couple of years ago and it has the same logo on it. See attached pic.

Attached Files:

12. SukramNegah

SukramNegah

Oct 4, 2010
    It seems it might be an earlier version of their fairlane model. I don't know how old it is, but I think my uncle bought it in the early 2000s, 2001-3?

Thanks for the help guys. I feel kinda silly for doubting it to be a samick when i checked in to their site and saw the same S on nearly everything.

If anyone should know exactly what the model is named i'd appreciate it. Grove on peeps.