1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone recommend a custom cab maker making empties?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Will Kelly, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    I want to find someone making to-order cabinets. I have a couple of nice Eminence basslite 2012's laying around, and I'm trying to find some small cabs to put them in.

I have looked around on the net but not really found much. Lopo and like one other company are all that seem to be out there.

Is there anyone that will make a couple of 1x12 empty cabs out there?

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Try Don at Low Down Sound. He makes all kinds of custom cabs.

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    beat me to it!

LDS is a good source; don made me a pair of compact single 15s tuned for the emi kappa 15a's i told him i was gonna use; he did all the math, so the boxes work perfectly with those speakers, giving full support on the low end and great volume and power.

plus, they weren't too heavy or expensive.

4. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    LOPO cabs, I had them make me a 2x12 and put 3 ports in the back. Worked out great!

5. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    All right, had a pleasant conversation with Don at LDS and went ahead and ordered a pair of small cabs from him! I'm excited at the idea of having some 12's back in my arsenal. Will post an update in a few weeks after they come in!