Can anyone recommend a good 1*15 cab for <$300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jiveazzturkey, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jiveazzturkey

Jan 5, 2006
    Music123 has an Ashdown MAG 115T for $250 that looks pretty decent. Also looks like Hartke has a few for under $300...anyone have any thoughts?

2. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Your only hope of getting decent name brand gear in that price range is ebay.

Avatar ( and other brands like Steelsound have stuff in that price range.
  3. Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    I think several people, including myself will recommend the Avatar B115H Neo ... it's right around $300 shipped and I love mine.
  4. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    +1 I started thinking *any* 1X15 was just too slow for my taste and sold my 1X15 Neo on eBay last week. The buyer seems to be flaking out on me, and I don't mind. I think I would regret this later. I'd like to carefully reevaluate this cab. Based on the 2X10 Delta I got with it, and the 1X12 they accidentally sent me before the 2X10, the stuff is built very well and sounds excellent to my "not the most discerning" ears. Notice I said "1X12" - that's because the only Avatar does not do well, is label their cabs - you would have to weigh your cab to know that you got a Neo for sure.

5. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Definitely hit CraigsList in your area as well as eBay. For whatever reason 1x15s are going pretty cheap in the used market.
  6. LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    In addition to their website, Avator also sells on ebay . I got my B115H Neo for $164 plus $42 shipping. Actual weight is 54.7 lbs. (I took the speaker out and it is the correct speaker.)
  7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The best 15 as a stand alone cab I have heard has to be the Bag End 115 with the coax tweet. There is one at Bass NW used for $450 if you live in Washington.
    Definately check the classifieds in your area. Bergantino 115s are very good as well, as are many others.
  8. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Managed a SWR Workingman's 15T off a fellow TB'er two weeks ago for $230 with shipping included in the purchase price.

I'm happy with it. :rolleyes: