1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anyone recommend a through-neck fretless 5 string for under £600?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HotTubesGrooves, Jul 15, 2005.

1. I am about to get my annual bonus, which will give me a budget of £600 tops to buy a new bass. I was looking at the standard Warwick corvette, but would like a through neck if possible - is there actually anything out there that I can afford? :confused:

I want this purchase to be definitive - IE a bass I will keep for years and years. I love warwicks, but the through neck versions are out of my price range...

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    How much is this money in dollars?($)

3. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well Washburn's Taurus T25 is neck through and very nice quality, I love my T24, but I don't think they make a fretless though. I think they cost around $400 USD for the 5 stringers now. The price just went down in the last couple months

4. ugo

ugo

Jan 8, 2005
    Northern VA
    Sound Design Coordinator, Camel Audio | Designer, Ugo Audio
    i dont know what their availability or price is over there, but you might want to check out a used peavey cirrus if you have the chance. i've got a cirrus fretless 5 (alder/redwood) that i love.

-ugo

5. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Cirrus +1

6. SteveC

SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    You could also look for a used Carvin. Neck through, ebony, pretty nice.