Can anyone recommend someone for relicing a neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by don21480, Feb 19, 2010.

1. don21480

don21480

Mar 17, 2006
    NC
    I prefer a jazz profile and nut width and love my road worn P bass but never play it because of the neck. I want a licensed fender neck, jazz width, maple fretboard that would be reliced so I can use it on this bass. Decal not necessary. Who could provide this for me - Fender said they did not sell just necks and to find a licensed provider - thanks for any help

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    allparts and warmoth are 2 licensed fender neck providers, both sell quality necks, with the all parts being closer to 'vintage' spec, and the warmoth more 'modern' with steel reinforcing bars...send me a pm if you decide to sell that neck, i'm in the opposite camp in that i like p nut width, ha...:cool:

as for relic--there may be someone in your area who sprays nitro and has done this, but if not, you might find someone in the luthier's forum who might be able to assist or you might even want to try it yourself

krovx likes this.
  3. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    There are several small builders who can do this for you. The key is the nitrocellulose lacquer finish. You can't relic any other kind of finish.

Contact Louis at King Bee Guitars. He does fantastic relic work and can get you a neck from All Parts or USA Custom (the best aftermarket neck builder IMHO) and give you exactly what you want. Just remember that it's going to be on the pricey side because this is completely custom work and your Roadworn is manufactured south of the border.

www.kingbeeguitars.com
    www.usacustomguitars.com
    http://www.allparts.com/Necks-s/101.htm

4. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    You can also find Roadworn jazz necks on ebay. There are some folks who are stripping down Fenders and selling them for parts. Again, not cheap but it also means you can sell your neck to recoup some of the costs.

5. tdvt

tdvt

Oct 13, 2008
    Vermont
    This guy is held in VERY high regard over on the Tele forum.

Mark Jenny

No affiliation, has a nice web site.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021