Can anyone repair/ mod, a Fishman bass Blender?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by LHbassist, Aug 12, 2019.

1. LHbassist

LHbassist Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    I bought one here on TB a few years ago. It looks like it was never used. Rather than return it when I bought it, I figured that since it was in such nice condition, that the fact that I've never been able to even get the power light to come on, was my bad somehow. I have held on to it, figuring I might get it working someday. I've looked inside, nothing looks amiss...it simply, doesn't work. A/C or battery, same thing. It looks like it was and still could be a very useful tool for me. The only thing it doesn't have is an XLR in for a mic, on the mic channel. If I get it working, I'd mod it for one. Does anyone know some secret issue these had that might be an easy fix? An E-mail to Fishman produced the sound of crickets.
    Thanks for reading this far!

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Open it up, trace the power supply path with a voltmeter.

3. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    You could contact Fishman about it... They're in the process of replacing my old Full Circle p/u and they've been really great so far.

james condino likes this.
  4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Fishman built it, so you could try and contact them.

5. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    I know you emailed Fishman, why don't you call and speak to someone? Seems like the best plan.

Ric Vice likes this.
  6. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Weird that you didn't hear back from fishman. They replied to me within 8 hours. Everything's been super quick and organized so far...

7. misterbadger

misterbadger Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Northern California
    +1 for Fishman customer support. Call or try emailing again...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021