1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

can anyone review an SWR Golight 210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lomo, Nov 18, 2010.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Curious to hear some real world experience with this box and/or comparisons to other 210s.
    Search yielded bupkiss.

2. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't know about the 210... but I own a 410 GoLight and it is beautiful sounding with my SWR SM 400 head. I will say that I have tried a few other heads through this cab and none sounded as good as the SWR head. I guess they are made for each other!

When I jam out... (hard rock) my house feels like it's gonna cave in! the cab has lots of bottom end!

Good luck in your endeavor.

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Yeah-I heard the 410 live at a small Charlie Hunter show at this summer's Montreal Jazzfest. It sounded great. I think the head was a big mutha SWR. I'm curious about the 210 specifically, though. There are very few at or under the 40 lb mark, and the old, lighter Epi UL2 is quite scooped. The EA NL210 is no longer in production, although I heard they'll release a Wizzy 210 that I'd also love to hear. Not many other 210s much under 45 or 50 lbs.

4. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, it's something how Fender got the weight down on these GoLight cabs. I think this SWR 410 has got to be one of the lightest, if not THE lightest 410 on the market, weighing in at only 56 pounds!

I DO have a Goliath JR III 210 cab that I like. Maybe not the best 210 out there, but I throw it up on top of my 410 and it sounds great.

5. mwalle1

mwalle1

Apr 19, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Can't help on the 210 but similar to the post above on the 410, I have 2 SWR 1X15 Golight's ran with the Headlite and have had the Son of Bertha, to compare the Neo vs. SOB, the Neo has all the high end and lows in one light package and overall more plesant pure and clear than SOB. The new gray rat fur is the worst thing (real snaggy) on it everything else is top notch (get a cover), the 210 has got to be good. Consider the 1X15 though, I was going to get the standard 210 times 2 set up and went for the 1X15's instead and it's nasty good. Lots and lots of low end and plenty highs too, impressive for a single 15 cab, and it's the same price as the 210.

6. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I had a 2x10, but traded in on the MM 4x10. It was a nice cab, but the MM moves some serious air.

7. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    The MM or Markus Miller cab has no bass port. Do you really get any bottom end out of it? I bought the ported 410 and love it!

8. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I really do. Much tighter and punchier than the ported 2x10 I had as well. Works great with the low B. Half way up on the GB Shuttle 9.0 and windows are rattling.

9. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ

The B string sound great on my cab! I have the SM 400 and a MusicMan Sterling 5 HH.

I am not familiar with the sound of the GB head. I have only heard them in the store and wasn't too thrilled.

10. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    I like mine- use it at band practice (medium volume classic rock) alone with my GB SL 900 head, add another 112 for gigs.

11. I had an SWR Goliath 210 for couple months and sold it. It was a good amp but the tweeter hisses when I used it. It was great for playing Marcus Miller type of music.