1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

can anyone see what I did wrong? (wiring 62 pbass pup)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sloth_Adelphi, Mar 26, 2006.

1. I wired my new '62 reissue pups to 2 new 250k solid shaft pots and a new input jack. I'm having problems with (what I think to be) the grounding. If anyone is knowledgeable about these pups and their wiring or wiring in general and you can help me out pleeeeeeease do! The main problem I have is that the pots are very microphonic, or "hot" (loud static when you touch them, i don't know the proper terminology or slang so forgive me) and when you turn them they click from on to off depending on the position of the pot. when they are "on" the sound is fine, minus some static and crackling. Basically...it ain't right and if anyone can tell from the description or by looking at these pictures let me know! post on here but also PM me if you can I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

2. oops, im gonna need to crop the pictures, they'll be up soon...

3. here are the pics, if you need better ones let me know...

Attached Files:

• tb1.
      tb1.jpg
      File size:
      64.2 KB
      Views:
    • tb2.
      tb2.jpg
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  4. well, for one, it sure looks like your capacitor is touching the white wire...see the pic on the left...and see the white wire soldered to the wiper on the tone pot?...

put a little black tape around that white wire...and see what happens?

5. davpal

davpal

May 19, 2006
    Lambertville, NJ
    I'm not sure about this because I can't see it in the photo but did you ground the pole on the volume pot that the cap is connected to?

6. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    +1 That leg (top one on the volume pot in the 1st pic) needs to be wired or soldered to the casing of the pot.