1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can Anyone Suggest A Good Web Hosting Company?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm starting a website, and I'd like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a company to go with. I don't want to spend much, although since I won't need too much room, I doubt I'll have to. I'd like to avoid the free sites with banner ads like Angelfire as well-I've had a couple Angelfire sites in the past and the ads get annoying, not to mention you can't direct link a lot of stuff from them. Thanks in advance.

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've been very happy with www.omnis.com for my personal site. I spend about three times what I do at Omnis, to host some sites I administer at work with Verio - ostensibly for better tech support and a bit higher usage/storage quotas, but I've had fewer hassles with Omnis...

:)

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    www.web1000.com is free and has no pop ups or banner ads!

Also, www.incrahost.com is a good service, the company was founded and is actually owned and run by a freind of mine from infant school through to college.

EDIT: Web1000 has unlimited bandwidth too (based on the last time i was there).

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    be careful of transfer limits... expecially if you have mp3s and vids for upload.

I pay $10 a month @ http://www.phpwebhosting.com

I'm pretty happy with all my money gets

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA