Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can Anyone Suggest A Good Web Hosting Company?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm starting a website, and I'd like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a company to go with. I don't want to spend much, although since I won't need too much room, I doubt I'll have to. I'd like to avoid the free sites with banner ads like Angelfire as well-I've had a couple Angelfire sites in the past and the ads get annoying, not to mention you can't direct link a lot of stuff from them. Thanks in advance.

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've been very happy with www.omnis.com for my personal site. I spend about three times what I do at Omnis, to host some sites I administer at work with Verio - ostensibly for better tech support and a bit higher usage/storage quotas, but I've had fewer hassles with Omnis...

:)

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    www.web1000.com is free and has no pop ups or banner ads!

Also, www.incrahost.com is a good service, the company was founded and is actually owned and run by a freind of mine from infant school through to college.

EDIT: Web1000 has unlimited bandwidth too (based on the last time i was there).

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    be careful of transfer limits... expecially if you have mp3s and vids for upload.

I pay $10 a month @ http://www.phpwebhosting.com

I'm pretty happy with all my money gets

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA