Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can anyone tell me any further info on this mesa cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Nov 18, 2001.

1. I bought a "Mesa/Boogie Diesel 4x10" bass cab used, and i finally found some info on it online, but can anyone tell me if this is good or what? Or where i can find more info, specs, etc....

It handles 600 watts (RMS i believe), and is loaded w/ 4 EVM 10" speakers and an "HF"-Horn....

Are these speakers good, mediocre, bad, what? ANyone know anyhting about htis cabinet?

2. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    dude that cab is absolutely killer. i think its better than the new mesa cabs. evm drivers are prolly the best sounding and most reliable drivers out there. ask anyone bout evms. they are very high quality. plus the cabs horn isnt so harsh. pretty smooth sounding horn.

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yes, the mesa boogie diesel cabs are top notch. extremely well made, solid, great tone. i had one of their 1x15 cabs and it was the tightest, punchiest, 1x15 i have ever heard. no "mud" whatsoever.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The use of a good amp will tell you all you need to know about that cab!

5. Let me ask you this....(I am young and low on cash mind you...) If i am putting that on top of an eden d115-t and powering them with a hartke ha3500, will that do it justice? It's really all i can afford right now cuz i am getting good deals on both, but in the future, is there a way to add a poweramp to the hartke and then run all that power through the diesel and the hartke power through the eden?

Thanks alot...glad to hear that i did well.(Not to mention the price was definately right on this one.)

6. Mesa cabs are top knotch. They aren't HUGELY popular due to there weight. Ironically, that is exactly why they sound so good. They have huge magnets which result in a very punchy sound. The road ready cabs do sound better though and weigh even more! I had a RR 2x10 and RR1x15, both were the best cabs I ever owned; damnably heavy tho'...

7. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Hang on to that cab, it's killer! Mesa makes one of the best 4x10 cabs IMO and if you can stand that weight, you'll be very pleased.