1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anyone tell me anything about this Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maff, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Maff

Maff

Jan 10, 2012
    I bought this bass a few years ago and never played it much. I cant find any Cort the same on any forums, Just wondering if anyone could help me out.
    Thanks, Maff

Attached Files:

2. Maff

Maff

Jan 10, 2012
    More Pics

Attached Files:

3. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Cort Guitars and Basses
    Korean based builder - make a lot of guitars and basses. OEMs other brands as well. Some low end models Ibanez, Parkwood, Squier, G&L. Manufactures in Indonesia as well.

4. Maff

Maff

Jan 10, 2012
    Any idea what model this is? Cant find it on any site or forum.
    Only bass ive found that looks the same is The Fender Precision Bass.

Im just curious, A few months after i bought it i seen the same one in a shop for £500.
    This was about 6 years ago.

5. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    It looks like a very old Cort Action bass. That model is not being produced now and Cort does not keep records of discontinued models on their website, so someone will have to know or have owned one of these to be able to tell you for sure. I highly doubt you'd get 500 for that bass, low end Corts sell in the 50-150 category.

6. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    And he's talking Pounds Sterling, not US Dollars

7. I know, I know...it's missing a string!

Just kidding.

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    IMO, i think that he's talking US dollars.

9. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    £ = Pounds Sterling

to type it on an American keyboard - alt 0163 (numeric keypad), or you can just hit shift 4 for a dollar sign if you mean dollars.

10. 500 BP is about $600, I think.

11. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    More like $750

12. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    That particular bass has also appeared under the brands Michigan and Magnum; sometimes there's no brand at all.

13. Maff

Maff

Jan 10, 2012
    Thanks for all the replys. Was just checking to see if it was worth getting fixed.

14. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    What does it need (besides a string). It looks like it would be a good player. It's probably worth a basic setup.

15. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    I was talking pounds actually, but didn't want to look up the symbol's code in Charmap (thanks gigslut!) £. Corts do not resell for anything near what they are worth. Sort of like Peavey's resale value.