Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can anyone tell me if this bass worth for money?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sLapshock, Feb 9, 2005.

1. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
  2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Seems ok. Can you post a clip?

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Have you got the money? Then the only other question is "Is it worth it to you?" We all have our opinion as to what something is worth. The most important thing is if it is worth it to you. My Hondo Longhorn from1981 is worth Millions to me but about $350 on E-bay. (OK not millions, but I love it anyway) :p

4. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    because now im gonna sell my ibanez edb-500 for this bass. i dont want regret. i dont know nuts about bass quality, basswood,ebody, maple, rosewood? i dont know what the heck.. so can anyone advice.

5. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    There's no way to tell until you play it. It may sound and feel great, it may not.

As far as the basic materials and construction, it's very typical - basswood body, maple neck, very commonly used woods for guitars and basses. The only thing I'd be a bit worried about is using basswood for a body shaped like that. Basswood is one of the softer woods used for guitars and basses, and pointy body shapes tend to get beat up pretty easily at the sharp edges even when they're made out of much harder wood, so I'd be afraid that it's going to end up looking pretty beat up rather quickly.

6. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    ...keep the Ibanez....

7. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    +1

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

On a gig you will be judged by the axe you bring, eventhough that's not right... It still does happen.

I would just hang on to the Ibanez and wait till you come across a wild looking bass for the wild gigs that you might have... Good chance that it would be for a lot less $.

9. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    really think of selling it for that... damn... what should i do now?

10. what should you do now?? man i think its pretty clear, first read the thread and KEEP THE IBANEZ ugh

11. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    but i like this bass and my idol is using this bass even tho it is not his signature series. is this bass really that bad? im playing rock, mostly "X JAPAN's" type of song

12. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
  13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    In all the years of giging I have, I've never been judged by what instrument I took.

Ray

14. then why did you ask the question if you are going to get it either way, its seems like you had already decided to buy it before you posted this thread. and like i said eairlier its almost the price for a new one, so either talk him down or pass and wait for the next one to come along

15. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    it is new. i get cheap because it selling old stock. its not second hand.

16. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Buy something else,

17. umm in your first post you said it was used condition

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    In all your years of gigging? :eyebrow: sorry ( :p )...anyways, If you show up to a gig with a 'radical-shaped' axe, You do get judged, eventhough cats might not say anything, it happens.

Ray, no disrepect, but did you ever show up to a gig/audition/rehearsal with something wild like a Warlock, Mockingbird or a Jackson Kelly-shaped?

*If you have very few basses(which I consider myself having) , my opinion would be to make what you have versatile.

Yeah man that's a cool looker and more versatile shape IM'h'O.

19. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, do you REALLY think so?