1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone tell me what they think about a warwick standard 5 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lanso3000, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Lanso3000

Lanso3000

Mar 1, 2008
    Ive been looking for a new bass and wanted to switch to a 5 string. ive been looking at em for a wile and wanted to know what people who own or use them think about it. thought this be the best place to ask

2. squik

squik

Oct 5, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I love my Warwick Corvette 5 standard! One thing I am having a hard time with though is finding strings I like for it. I am playing a set of Ken Smith tapercores which are ok, but I think DR Lowriders are probably what I will end up on.

3. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i really like dr high beams on my wick. the ernie balls are ok as well, they just don't last nearly as long imo. back to the basses. i have never played a 5 string wick that i did not like. really great, tight low b strings on those warwicks

4. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
    I'm in absolute love with my Warwick Corvette 4 string, it has a thick neck but I find it very comfortable with my teeny hands (when women have bigger hands you know your extremities are small). What model are you looking at?