1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anywon make some suggestions for a cab to go with my Ampeg B2RE Rack Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vacume, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Vacume

Vacume

Jan 11, 2006
    a cab anywhere up 2 1000$ preferibly

2. classic series sv810? I played one at a gig and it was the best mids and highs ive ever played. at least thats what I thought.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Everyone on here is going to chime in on their personal favorite cab and with your budget or $1000 or less, you have a wide variety of choices. I suggest going to Guitar Center or the nearest music store and trying every cabinet you can. Get the cab that works for you. Off the top of my head I would suggest the SVT 410hlf - great Ampeg tone with more lows and highs than the 810e - plus great midrange response. Try it out with your B2RE head and see if it works for you. $700 new.

Also, drag your B2RE with you to the stores and just tell the people up front what you want to do. Most places will not have an issue with you trying your amp on their cabs. This will be the best way for you too decide which cab is the right choice for you.