1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

can anywon show me some videos on the net, showing some cool slap licks?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Vacume, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Vacume

Vacume

Jan 11, 2006
    I founnd one on you tube by Dave Larue that was very helpful but im hungry for more, ive looked for others but they dont really run through the lick very well makeing it difficult to copy it

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Of course, you'll get much more from fellow TBers, for sure.

3. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel

Win.

4. ......................................................:hyper:

5. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe

6. arbarnhart

arbarnhart

Nov 16, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Wow! He puts on a pretty good show with just a drummer. I am finding that practicing alone with a drum machine is preferable (for me anyway) to using a metronome or even a jam track. I don't get in the groove like that with a metronome and I can hide my mistakes in the mix with a jam track. I don't play like Larry Graham yet, though...

7. Vacume

Vacume

Jan 11, 2006
    thanks for all the great posts guys, but i think u misunderstood what i was looking for, i need videos for begginers, that teach u how to slap a lick, run u through it slowly and such, not true masters just showing off

8. arbarnhart

arbarnhart

Nov 16, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
  9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

Good luck.

EDIT: Sorry, this is indeed a "Grand master".

10. purduebass

purduebass \m/ Metal User \m/

Sep 27, 2006
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Endorsing Artist: Chaz Farkass Basses

The funny part is that the dude is serious...he has some other vids up to....:rollno:

11. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    I didn't mean to seem bitchy or pompous, it just seemed like a funny thing to post in a thread about hot slappin' bass but the comments on the vid on youtube are pretty negative.
    ...but then, the people who comment on Youtube just seem to be the biggest collection of negative, angry and sarcastic little losers on the planet. Has anybody else noticed that? People are so quick to jump and give abuse wherever they can.
    Anyway, getting off topic a bit.
    I'm just glad I never videotaped my first attempts at slapping :D

12. i was gonna comment on how bad that video was, but then i was like, wait, dont, that could be ciaranduffy, he might be showing us his own video, keep quiet. lol

13. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    :D hahaha
    I'm afraid my own slapping ability probably isn't a whole lot better then that. I'm definitely gonna stay anonymous now.
    :p

14. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Come on CiaranDuffy you KNOW you want to post your slap videos!

:bag:

15. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    okay okay, Here's a clip of me and my band playing on a TV show last year. The camera's were kinda old and crap so it looks like it was shot in the seventies and the lighting made me look blacker and taller than I really am. Anyway, have a look

16. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    I think I can listen to solo bass playing for about 4 seconds before I just have to stop.
    However, I don't know what 'Chewy96' means by "hes not even that good". It gave me a laugh, you can just smell the jealousy :D

17. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Fellow TBer Bassist4Life created an excellent thread with lots of slap videos and audio samples (currently 55 links and counting) which is stickied at the top of the Technique forum.

18. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
  19. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Thank you sir. :D

The Slap Bass Welcome Center.

Joe