1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can G&L Tributes take a beating ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazybassplyr, Apr 16, 2004.

1. I should have kept that in mind instead of letting myself get offended...

2. LMAO [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    "Personally I would not have been all that entertained watching Vic. He's a great bassist but thats not what I like."

If this is a representation of the type of folks responding negatively, it's no wonder you don't get it.

Ah yes, Flea... now that's a real bass player, and boy what about that Fieldy from Korn... pure genius those two...

Feel better?

KT

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Actually no; I dont feel better.

I dont apreciate the way you are patronizing me or anyone else with that comment and to tell you the truth, I dont like Flea much and Im not a fan of Fieldy either. Im going to drop those two there because its the smart thing to do.

The fact that Im not into Victor Wooten means nothing other than the fact that Im not interested in his music.

There is a thing people have and thats called taste.

You dont seem to understand that what you might like is not the best, it is only what you prefer. I might not like what you are into, but that doesnt make me any less of a person. Perhaps the fact that I understand these human traits makes me more human than you.

Different things apeal to different people and we deserve respect so grow up and give some.

Peace
    Nick

6. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead... I'm gonna chill out and listen to some Tower of Power and some Louis Jordan, then tell CrazyBassplyr to just buy the damn G&L again! ;)

Cheers,
    Chris (the apparently unsophisticated)

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey guys, don't you know that every thing that KenToby says is correct and everyone else is a bunch of dumbasses?

:rolleyes:

8. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I want a G&L. Ive been GASsing for one since I saw an L2000 sunburst in a local store a year ago. He had a Tribute L2500 for a short time and there was little difference between that and the American model and it was about $450!!!

Tell me people... do I need a G&L?!?!? :help:

9. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah... I'm a slow learner. ;)

10. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Mr. Toby has done a great job of embarrasing himself. I think every response to him on this thread was an opportunity for him to sit back, take a deep breath, and laugh at how seriously he has been taking himself. But the poor guy just seems to dig himself deeper. He should really read his own posts and be ashamed. I've never read anything more Spinal-Tapish in my life. I wonder if he has a "Save the Basses" bumper sticker on his car. LOL :D

11. I'm right there with ya, man.(maybe we should start a barbaric heathen bass player thread)
    Thanks for the advice.

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Count me in!!!!!

13. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    :D