Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can Heaven come in bass form?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freakbass, Aug 1, 2004.

1. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

We had our big D/FW TB get-together today, and I had the pleasure of playing a ton of cool basses, but I've got to give a major shout out the the guy who hosted the event. Pete Skjold of www.skjolddesign.com was not only nice enough to feed us and give us a place to play, but I must say, he makes one of the finest basses around. IMHO, they're definately the best you can get for the money. Check 'em out! :bassist:

**Just for the record, before anyone calls this "spam", I am in no way affiliated with Skjold Design Guitars, in any way other than the fact that I played one and I really liked it.**

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll second this. I had the opportunity to play two 4 strings and two 5 strings, and Pete does some great work! His craftsmanship is very good, and the playability and tone are superb! And he is a great player, too. It must be really cool to be able to do something that you have a passion for. He is a great guy, and his instruments are highly recommended.

http://www.skjolddesign.com/

I am very happy with what I have, but the closest I came to getting bass GAS was when I played one of the fives. It had the thin neck profile that I prefer(he also offers medium and thick as options), and it was a beauty. I started thinking 'What if...' and them realized that I cannot justify owning any more basses. But if I am ever in the market for another custom, Pete will be on my short list of luthiers.

3. It was a great time at Pete's place Saturday. I went into his office and played every one of the basses he had there. They all rocked, and that SC design is a trip!! I spent some time talking to him towards the end.... and picked out the wood for hopefully soon to be ordered fretless.

4. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Yeah, I'm not usually a big fan of singlecuts, but man, his freakin' rock.

5. All his basses rocked!!

Oh... you have pm coming!!