Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can I adapt my head for a rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovit, Oct 28, 2004.

1. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    I want to start getting a rack together. Currently, I've got a behringer bx3000t (see what you settle for with no job? :scowl: ). Is there anyway that I can buy something that would enable it to be rackmounted?

2. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I would suggest start saving to buy rack equipment. Behringer stuff isn't worth very much, but that head would be worth nothing if you butcher it.

Use the behringer for now, piece together a rig. Does the behringer have a preamp out? If it does, buy a poweramp now. This will get you more headroom, probably the thing you need most right now. Then when you save up some more cash, buy a good used preamp.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    That's a great sounding amp...

It seems to have a nice rugged case as it is, why would you want to rack it?

Besides, if you have no job, why would you want to spend the cash on a rack...even used they're easily 25% of what the amp cost?

If you're a competent wood worker, you could build another case for the amp, the same size as the existing one except design some covers for the front and back. Hardware can be purchased from www.partsexpress.com

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
  5. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    the main reason I wanted to rack it was I have other things that are rack mounted, effects and whatnot, and I wanted to get everything into one unit to carry around, rather than making more things to carry...

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Fair enough. I don't thing that behringer sell "rack ears". If not, you might try making some out of metal if you think you're up to it. That's what I did with my now defuncy Labsystem's head and it lasted 10+ years.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Where are you located?