1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can I borrow a .140 from anyone please ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by =^..^=, Aug 7, 2001.

1. =^..^=

=^..^= Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I've dropped my .135 B to an A but need a slightly heavier string to make it work properly.

Unfortunately in the UK strings take a little while to order etc so would anyone be able to lend (or give me) an old .140 or .145 ? Overwater will be able to sort me some, but its going to be at least a month before I can get one.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm sure that we can come to some arrangement for payment (or similar)

Thanks

Johnny G

2. have you rung Laurence or Chris yet?, i suppose you have if you know it'll take a month, i was in yesterday, there really busy at the moment.

the best i could do would be a 135 offa my progress 5, but then i'd be down to 4,

if you need any urgent info, or want me to find out anything, give us a shout, i only live 10 minutes away.

stu

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    RaiD is gonna be the next Fieldy :p

4. =^..^=

=^..^= Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Tyburn - I was talking to Chris last week, the place they get them made is shut for a couple of weeks, so it will the end of August before they can even order them for me.

Lo-End - LOL. Ok, but only if I can keep my technique - and have his money. :D