Can I Bridge A Hartke Head???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    Is it possible to bridge a hartke 3500 with a y cable, and is it a good idea? I was also wondering, where can you find y cable?
    The sole purpose is i want to team my hartke 3500 and my swr goliath jr. 2x10 since its adjustable 4/8 ohms.
  2. You don't bridge. There's only one power amp in the 3500. The 5000 and 7000 have two power sides. It has two outputs and says ohm output on both of them. If you use two 8ohm cabs, then you will have a 4ohm load.

Just hook a cable between the hartke and the SWR Jr. Set the cab to 4 ohms, and the 3500 will put out 350W. If you have it selected to 8ohms at the SWR, then the hartke puts out 240W.
  3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    are u sure the hartke will automatically send the 4 ohm load to one jack? does it matter which jack i use?
  4. It won't matter which jack you use...the amp can tell if your cab has 4 ohms or 8 ohms of resistence and will give the appropriate amount of power for the load....
    Just remember what the "ambiguously-gay-duo" said about plugging things in...
    "Don't play around with it...just stick it in"

but seriously, it won't matter, and your amp will know whats up...