Can i decorate it ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Goth Barbie, Feb 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ummmmmmm, I've just got a double bass cause the school orchestra found out that i played electric and snapped me up. I'm just wondering if u can decorate a double bass like with stickers or anything ?

2. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I'd pay $100 to see Ed's face when he reads this thread.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I reckon this is really John Turner in drag deliberately setting out to pull Ed's chain! Misuse of moderator power? ;)

I didn't believe it for a minute! :D

PS You know I'm joking on this right!
  4. the placing of stickers falls under "setup" and should only be done by a qualified luthier.
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Only if the bass in question is a Testore or Vuillaume. For a free evaluation (especially if the band director is under the impression that it IS either a Testore or Vuillaume), just send me the bass. If it does (as I already suspect) turn out to be a cheap imitation, I'll let you know and dispose of it here.

As far as choices for stickers, I would recommend the "I am a total idiot" or "Moron Warning". Also appropriate might be "No Time, No Ideas, No F**king Clue."
  6. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    if your going to use stickers, use the static kling type, as they are removable later (in case you turn into "swing barbie" later.

also, if dad has the bucks, have a "goth double" made for you. order a special finish of flat black, and have them sharpen the ends of the f-holes :D
  7. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    See? You can be a "nice guy" when you want to , can't you?

My butt was bleeding for days after you Kungfuquad me. Is it because you have a soft spot in your heart after all? Nah, no way! :) :) :)

LMAO, Pkr2
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Hmmm....yes, maybe flat black, with blood-red LEDs that light up on stage in the dark, F holes in the shape of a cross, bone inlays? :eek:
  9. rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Go for the static cling stickers. My kids really like the Toy Story 2 set (not that I let them near my bass). Put Woody and Bullseye on and you can be Western Swing Barbie. I've always thought the hot rod flame paint jobs were a particularly classy way to decorate a bass - you could be Rockabilly Barbie. Or maybe you could leave the stickers off and be Respectful-of-the-Integrity-of-the-Instrument-and-Hundreds-of-Years-of-Tradition Barbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.