1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can I get a modern style bass to sound like a P bass?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Barukh Immanuel, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Barukh Immanuel

Barukh Immanuel

Mar 24, 2021
    My 6 string Dmark with Aguilar pickups sounds too clean and crispy for me. How, if at all, can I get a more P-bass warm muffled sound out of it? Technique, EQ, settings, effects (chorus, etc.)? Thanks

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Just searched DMark six string bass.:drool:
    Pics or it didn't happen!;)

3. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    String it with broken-in flats.

4. Barukh Immanuel

Barukh Immanuel

Mar 24, 2021
    Omega 6, beautiful...

Attached Files:

gebass6 likes this.
  5. AFRO

AFRO

Aug 29, 2010
    does that beauty have active EQ? 3 Band?

cause if so, try this...

Drop some bass out (I know blasphemy! lol) I am a bridge PUP guy personally (fingerstyle mostly) so I also roll the pickup selector towards the nut a bit: this of course depends on where you run it: but I get the 'P sound' closer to the middle of the pickups but more toward the bridge personally...

and see how that sounds.

could also put a hairband or scrunchie on the nut and mute it a bit that way too..

I am always cranking mids (to fit in the mix with out forcing myself in the mix) but find that if I trim out a bit of low end and roll that PuP mix toward the nut a smidge it gets me to that P feel.. on my ESP LTD B105

Stay low

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Select neck pickup and bump mids up, treble down.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021