1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can I get some oppinions on this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lucashley, Jun 21, 2004.

1. lucashley

lucashley

Nov 9, 2003
    Indiana.
    I'm wanting to buy a frettless bass. I played this frettless Deluxe Jazz Bass made in U.S.A. at a music store in my area. It's a 1998 and is mint condition. I love the way it sounds, though I haven't played TOO many other frettlesses before. I will say I like it alot better than the Warwick Corvette. Anyhow, they are selling it for 850 and I'm wondering if this is a reasonable price for this bass.

Thanks in advance for any input!

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    You can buy a new one for about that right now. They(fender) has a lot of rebate stuff going on. Check it out before you just into a used one.

3. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Do your research before you shell bro. Fender's have saturated the market, therefore selling new at a low price. The guitar market, like every other market (jewelry, cars, collectibles, stocks) went way down in retail after 9-11. Good for you, the consumer, right about now. The Fender fretless does have a cool unique sound, but they are all over the place, I've seen them cheaper.