Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can I get some oppinions on this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lucashley, Jun 21, 2004.

1. lucashley

lucashley

Nov 9, 2003
    Indiana.
    I'm wanting to buy a frettless bass. I played this frettless Deluxe Jazz Bass made in U.S.A. at a music store in my area. It's a 1998 and is mint condition. I love the way it sounds, though I haven't played TOO many other frettlesses before. I will say I like it alot better than the Warwick Corvette. Anyhow, they are selling it for 850 and I'm wondering if this is a reasonable price for this bass.

Thanks in advance for any input!

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    You can buy a new one for about that right now. They(fender) has a lot of rebate stuff going on. Check it out before you just into a used one.

3. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Do your research before you shell bro. Fender's have saturated the market, therefore selling new at a low price. The guitar market, like every other market (jewelry, cars, collectibles, stocks) went way down in retail after 9-11. Good for you, the consumer, right about now. The Fender fretless does have a cool unique sound, but they are all over the place, I've seen them cheaper.