Can I get your opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jhb138, Sep 26, 2016.

1. jhb138

jhb138

Sep 14, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I found this Squire body for sale. Seller is asking $175. Is it just me, or is that kinda steep for 2/3 of a Squire?

00101_Uri72qNEtC_600x450.jpg

2. I would agree with your assessment.

3. Dayjin39

Dayjin39

Sep 1, 2016
    I would try to talk him down to $130-$150. It is a nice looking body, I have to say.

itsalljustaride likes this.
  4. If you increase your budget to $200-250, I think you would eventually find a complete Squier (not just a body for $175). Squiers are excellent value but they don't retain a high resale value.

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'd have to say the price is fair.
    Take a look at the bass bodies for sale from the Stratosphere.
    Notice any basses like the one you're interested in?
    See what I mean?

grrg63 and jhb138 like this.
  6. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    Actually not that bad, considering getting your hands on a wide range humbucker is nigh on impossible these days.

7. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    That pickup in that position is gonna have a very deep sound to it. If that's what you really want, it might be worth it. If you're looking for a more "average" or "normal" bass sound, then it's a poor value at that price (or even half that).

Ryan Russell and jhb138 like this.
  8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Squier
    it's a Squier body
    offer $25

9. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    ^ ^ This! ^ ^

10. jhb138

jhb138

Sep 14, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Thanks to all who've chimed in. It sounds like maybe it's not as overpriced as I first thought, but I'm still going to see if the seller will negotiate.

11. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    If you are looking specifically for a WRHB, its not a bad deal. They are good pickups. And it doesnt have that terrible 51' style 2 barrel bridge.

jhb138 likes this.
  12. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Thats a lot of money for a squier body. I wouldnt pay more than 100 for that. For an extra 30-50 you could probably buy the whole bass new.

funkinbottom and bdplaid like this.
  13. 1.Ziggy has become way too preachy.

2. These pants make me look fat.

3.Overpriced.

14. Robert Sperling

Robert Sperling Crazybassman72

Jan 26, 2016
    Long Island, NY
    I concur, if it's what your looking for then it can't hurt to throw an offer at the guy.... probably isn't getting much interest anyway...after all not many people buy incomplete basses.

jhb138 likes this.
  15. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    I'd pay that if I REALLY dug it and it was exactly what I wanted, especially if all the giblets are included as pictured.

Ryan Russell likes this.
  16. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    well, I paid $200 for an entire Squier VM Jag to do my build. And the only parts I kept were the body, pickguard, lower control plate and strap buttons. I spent $1000 on the rest of the hardware and neck. So you are doing $25 better than me if you get this body.

If that's the body style and color you want, I say go for it.

Ryan Russell and Plutonium244 like this.
  17. Say 50$...

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  18. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I owned one of them before. Its a Vintage Modified Tele Bass. Very fair price IMO. Nice Bass!

StayLow, pebo and jhb138 like this.
  19. I'd say it's about $50 high. If that's a nice sounding pickup, throw on a Warmoth (or similar) neck, a decent set of tuners and you're good to go. You may want to replace the pots at some point.

That looks like ash, but keep in mind some of those Squier agathis bodies are fairly heavy.

jhb138 likes this.
  20. moshspeggeti

moshspeggeti

Aug 5, 2013
    Illinois
    Is he asking too much? Yes, I think so.
    Is it worth that much? Probably not.

If you want it purely because you like it, buy it, but if you looked around you could probably find a similar body for less cash.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021