Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can I hook up my TNT115 to my Firebass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woofenstein, Jun 25, 2004.

1. I have a Peavey Firebass and a 410TVX cab. I'd like to add my TNT115 (new model) to the mix when I need the extra rumble. How would I do this? I'm assuming I'd just go from the pre-amp output of the Firebass to the effects return of the TNT115 (doesn't have power amp in). Is this right? Thanks!

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

On the back of your TNT, just right of the power switch, is a jack that says "External Speaker Jack" or something.

If you hook up a 4 ohm cab to it, you will be pushing 200w at 2 ohms.

So, yes.. You can. Will work best with a 4 ohm cab.

3. I don't think that's what he's got in mind. If I understand correctly, he wants to run the TNT combo as well as the Firebass/cab rig.

If so, his original post was correct: go from the pre-amp out of the Firebass, into the effects return of the TNT.

If he just wants to plug another cab into the TNT, then he can plug that into the external speaker jack. Do not try to plug the Firebass into the external speaker jack of the TNT :eek: unpleasant things will happen.