Can I just throw this out there? UPS SUX!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steve, May 26, 2005.

1. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    UPS looses their grip on a bass shipment...again.

My three day ship is now a seven day ship...again.

I get screwed out of the $50+ difference between standard and 3 day select...again.

I have to fight with those idiots...again.

And still not get re-imbursed....again.

Brown is a good color for that organization.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have never had problems with fedex. I don't use UPS because it's too expensive.
  3. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    UPS was great for a long time. After shipping with them for years, they lost a package coming from Arizona to Ca. It actually made it to the "out for delivery" stage, and then just disappeared. That was last month. No scans, no left at neighbor card, nothing. They took their sweet-a$$ time "investigating" it, and then the shipper (another group of suckies) said they'd refund my c-card. Of course, that hasn't happened either. Am I bitter? Yes.

FedEx has been way better for me, and I may just stick with them from now on.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Thank God Im not obligated to defend these @$$holes anymore.
  5. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Don't use DHL as an alternative. I just got a letter in the mail from them letting me know they are turning down my request for a refund. I made a ground shipment in Feb. The person on duty told me he did not have any change but could take a credit card. I had my debit card and provided that number. The shipment should have been 13.00. I looked at my bank statement the next week and see where they stuck me for 53.00. That is a great way to increase revenue! Twice before, I received invoices from third party vendors of DHL's for shipments I made at a DHL terminal. Never again!! I am going to do everything in my power to put them out of business.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA, I am really sorry to hear about that. I know what you are expecting, so that is just compounding the problem.

I have had mixed results with UPS. They damaged an amp that was shipped to me, and they refused to pay for the damage. Other times, I get a package no problem. FedEx seems more reliable to me.

7. I must be one of the lucky ones. I've never had a problem with UPS. I normally use FedEx due to the cheaper rates, but some internet sites will only use UPS 2-Day Air to ship to AK.

My parents have had one huge incident. This past XMas, they sent a package from Hamilton, MT to my aunt and uncle in Gillette, WY. While the package was guaranteed to arrive in 3-4 days, it took 3 weeks due to bouncing back and forth between Commerce City, CO and Louisville, KY for a week and a half, and thenjust sitting in Billings, MT for another week. The manager of the local UPS store did give my dad a refund and an apology for the delay.
  8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I am increasingly convinced that the most reliable service comes from the USPS.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've been fairly lucky, I guess.

I tend to use FedEx these days since they are about 30% cheaper than UPS--just like the commercials say.

Of course, if you had started the thread "FEDEX SUX," I'm sure you'd have just as many responses agreeing with you then, too.
  10. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Only the shipper can request a refund......problem is...the shipper didn't pay. I paid from a CC over the phone half a country away.

I need to go to Massachusetts where the package was shipped from and submit a written request in person.....

Wanna guess how co-operative my bank is going to be over stopping payment on this? :rollno:

$86 for 3 day (no. make that 8 day) sellect when regular ground would get it here in 5 days for $19.

The REALLY annoying's already left Louisville Ky. headed south...which means it's going to hit Jacksonville Fl. tonight around midnight right on schedule.....then sit in the warehouse cooking...5 freaking days untill they get it together on the 31st.

They need a good kick in the nut's.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Unless someone figures out what is inside the box, and cracks it open to jam on it for a few days. :eek:

12. I've had good luck lately with USPS Priority Mail, both for shipping and receiving. Of course, I don't care anymore, 'cause I'm done buying and selling gear. :eyebrow:
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sh-yah right! We've all said that a few times. :D

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Now, I KNOW you are lying.
  15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've shipped and have had items shipped to me using UPS and FedEx over the past 3-4 years or so and I've never had a problem with either company.
  16. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I've had a much higher percentage of problems with Fedex than I have UPS.
  17. Heh, well, that's what Mr. Raised Eyebrow smiley was for!
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, this is definitely true. None of them are perfect. I am getting to the point where I just prefer local deals.

19. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    You realize, don't you, that FedEx provides the lion's share of the linehaul for all the USPS' Priority and Express Mail?

(Factoid provided by a proud, 17-year vet of FedEx) :D
  20. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    FedEX = Good
    UPS = Unpredictable at best at least in California