Can i power my wireless as well as my pedals from one adapter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pattyløve, Oct 9, 2011.

1. pattyløve

pattyløve

Apr 7, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Engineering, D'addario
    I usually have my wireless in a rack with a tuner but I want to make the gear i bring to gigs less bulky. So now im considering putting my wireless on a pedal board with a floor tuner instead.

My question is this, can I power the wireless (Sennheiser freeport) daisy-chaining it with a boss tu2 and a digitech bad mokney? My pedals are usually daisy-chained but i have since lost the adapter and im wondering if buying a new one will also power the wireless. I'm not really sure how the whole negative/positive and mA/volts thing works. But i know the adapter socket on the wireless unit is the same as the ones on the pedals.

If it helps, here are the specs on my wireless:
    Sennheiser Worldwide - freePORT Instrument Set

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    ooh, you better bone up on that, otherwise you're gonna burn up something!

that senny apparently needs a 12 volt supply, so no, you can't just jump it off your boss pedals.

there are power supplies that will do what you need, like maybe the voodoo lab pedal power 2 plus; it'll do 9 volts for some pedals, 12 volts for others, and has a couple high-power outs for stuff with more current draw. (that's the "mA" number, and it's very important. the mAs, or milliamps, that a piece needs can not be more than a power supply is rated to produce.)

also, positive/negative, or AC vs. DC, has to be exactly right or you'll also blow up something.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021