Can i put active pickups on my standard rockbass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by felch182, Dec 24, 2005.

1. felch182

May 26, 2005
    Can i do it? How much will it set me back roughly? Cheers, im from Aus aswell if that helps with pricing. Iwant a similar volume output to my musicman sub. Thanks and merry christmas guys
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    There are a dozen type of Rockbasses - which one?

Most probably it's possible. You can even try a passive p-ups/active electronics combination.
    Price depends greatly on what kind of p-ups/electronics do you put in there
  3. Which rockbass is it. My corvette has active jazz pu's Oem. Honestly those mec ones suck. Output was horrid I lowered them as much as I could. While keeping the output as balanced as possible. THey sound better now.

If I bother doing an electronics upgrade. My current plan would be to: Use the split coil US Bart's. And probably just use Korean Bart preamp out of my Cort. As any preamp is an upgrade over that. Hunk of trash Oem one. To metalic and clanging fo my ears. Other than that I love the shape and feel of my RockBass vette. I have pretty sick action on it. All string avg. ~1.5 mm. The B string is a little higher so it doesn't slap the frets under heavy attack. ANother thing I don't like that B is a little muddy for my taste. So I plan on tuning high C. When I get around to changing out the nut.