Can I rant for a sec?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, May 18, 2004.

1. Hey quick question: Does having a vietnamese neighbor mean that one's yard must be mowed alot, specificially when it doesn't need it? I don't see the logic either.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Do they complain to the neighborhood committee or something? :eyebrow:

I mow my yard every two weeks. If they wanted me to mow it more I would tell them to go screw themselves. :spit:
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

We have a Vietnamese community where I live.

These people are incredibly proud to become American citizens and do everything within their means to become exemplary citizens. Education and neatness are highly prized by them, no matter if they are living in a home in a downtrodden part of town. Their restaurants, although not in the better part of town, are neat and clean and reflect pride.

Yeah, there is a Vietnamese "gang" here, but those misfits are ostracized from the Vietnamese community, at large.

I wish they'd mow my yard :D
  6. Naw, the neighbors are fine, it's just that my family's like "you have to mow it every week" [wheather it needs it or not] They seem to think that because the new neighbors are Asian, they hold things to a higher standard and expect harder, more diligent work. :rolleyes:
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm reminded of king of the hill, kahn's yard is always pristine and immaculate, hank prides his yard and puts a lot of effort into it, but it still lacks the same luster as kahn's, so, in an effort to better his lawn he fires dale from being his exterminator, dale takes offense to this and sabotages the lawn, resulting in hank having a barren expanse of dirt, just in time for the cinco de mayo lawn competition.
  8. :eyebrow:
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Oh! That's different if the "rents" are getting on your case.

Planting lots of bushes, trees, and a koi pond can really pay off in the long run! -

10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

mm hm.
  12. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  13. yep!

...wait no!
  14. thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    My parents have Vietnamese neighbors. One day they had a live rooster in their backyard (my parents live in a residential area of Charlotte, NC). The next day it was in my parents' yard. My dad told the man to keep his rooster in his own yard. "Rooster? No rooster here!" Next day it was no where to be seen. Another neighbor reported seeing several asian men in the garage the night before with a lot of commotion (i.e. cheering and laughter).

15. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    {Turning on Boomhower voice}
    "Waitman, thelawnmower going errrrrrerrrrrrerrererererrrr alldanglong day man, getdistractedwiththeladies man, shoot">
    {Turning off Boomhower voice}

Oh yeah, yep.