Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can I run a tweeter in my setup???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lomer, Oct 16, 2005.

1. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Okay so I just noticed this tweeter on ebay and from the sounds of the description I think I can use it with my two cabs, but I dont understand how to connect it all up to my head... It says you can run the tweeter "in-line" what the hell does that mean???

2. You can just diasy chain it off of one of your cabs.

3. wonder what impedance load that adds?

4. It won't add an overall load to the system assuming there is a crossover in the tweeter cab. The tweeter will be operating in a range where the woofer impedance is climbing to infinity.

My guess is it will add a 4 ohm load (2 drivers) past 4k hz (where a typical pro sound woofer is past 20 ohms).

5. ah right, was just curious

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Don't. Those are model KSN1005 tweeters, they sell in the US for less than a dollar apiece. They're also improperly mounted. Tweeters should be either vertically aligned or cross-fired, Not only is it a rip-off, it's a poorly engineered one as well.

7. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    cheers billfitz, based on your suggestions I dont think i'll be bying it now....