1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can I run my GB Streamliner 900 in the bag?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by obimark, Apr 3, 2013.

1. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Or is the bag blocking the vents/fan? (it seems like it would be)

I don't see the reason to get the official bag for more money if I can't run the head in the bag. Might as well get the gator bag for less $$.

Anyone?

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Unless the bag has holes for the fans, I wouldn't run the head in any bag.

The GB bag does not have holes.

3. If nothing is blocking the vents and fans, it might be ok. The 10 seconds it takes to pull it out of the bag would be worth it to me.

4. David A. Davis

David A. Davis Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    I wouldn't try it. I had an STL 600 and the official bag. It would kind of hard to with that bag anyways, it only opens at one end. As long as you don't block the fan/vents you should be good.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That's a good point that I forgot about. There would be no way to connect the cabs without pulling it from the bag.

As mentioned above, it only takes a few seconds to remove it from the bag and the same to put it back in.

6. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Cool, you guys just saved me $60- because I can get the Gator 12x12 bag for free with a voucher from MF. As much as I like the GB logo, that seems to be the only extra thing I get for buying the more expensive bag. If I am going to take my head out anyway that bag will work jsut fine.

7. I bought the official bag, and honestly, it's kind of ******, so I wouldn't but it anyway.

It's the right fit and decently padded, but the material they use on the base of teh interior make the rubber feet stick, and it's deteriorating fairly rapidly, for something ostensibly designed to be used on the road.

Don't run the head in a bag, but go the gator.

There's also a rackmouth kit for it, but why anyone would do that to such a petite amp is beyond me.

8. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Awesome, I am loving the Streamliner 900, feels like I have the best of both tube and SS worlds at my hands!

9. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    My understanding is that the chasis itself is part of the cooling solution for the Streamliners. Even if the fan is unobstructed, you'd be insulating what's effectively a heat sink.

Maybe Agedhorse can chime in, I may be imagining this.

10. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    All good- with these quality issues bought to light, my choice is simple FREE Gator Bag 12x12, done.