1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can I use an a/b switch and a visual sound volume pedal to make two effects paths?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Noshtero, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Noshtero

Noshtero Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I would think I could, but I just want to make sure before I buy an expensive volume pedal.

So with two paths of effects, could I stick a simple a/b on one side, and a visual sound volume pedal on the other side? I would then be able to switch paths simply by stomping the a/b switch right? The VS Volume Pedal descriptions says "Or, plug 2 guitars into the Visual Volume and you can make quick guitar changes without unplugging. "

The a/b would instantly switch which path my bass was going through, and the volume pedal would accept either without having to change anything. Right?

Thanks.

2. Versatek6

Versatek6 Fretless is like Trombone Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Sounds like it. From the Visual Sound site:

I have been experimenting on and off with this idea, but ended up not going there. I liked the concept of two "sets" but didn't want to duplicate some pedals to have them available on both sides.

I may yet split off my modulation effects to the send/return loop to clean up the path a bit.

Good luck!

3. Noshtero

Noshtero Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Ya where I'm at is I have my Zoom B2.1U, which was my first pedal. Since then I've got stand-alone pedals for all the effects I normally use.

So I was thinking I would run two paths; 1 through all my effects, and 1 through just the B2.1U for all the odd-ball stuff that doesn't get used enough to warrant a stand-alone pedal.

I suppose I could just leave the B2.1U in the chain all the time, and leave it on bypass.

But I have this fancy A/B switch that I have to use! :)

4. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.

Surely if there are pedals you want in both sides, you just put them before the A/B box... :confused:

5. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    True. But if you like said effect but like it after another effect then it wouldn't work.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

A Boss LS-2 would be a much simpler and cheaper solution.