Can I use an RBI with an Ampeg BA115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lsu921, Jun 10, 2003.

1. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I want to buy a SansAmp RBI. I have an Ampeg BA115 amp. The amp does not have an effects loop. Can I still use the RBI, and if so what difference will not having the effects loop make? Thanks
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I think the RBI is a lot like a rackmound version of the BDDI, so you can probably plug it straight into the amp's input. Since you're using a combo and not a rack setup, though, it might be simpler just to get the BDDI rather than having to buy a rack, figure out where to put it on top of the combo so you can still get to the Ampeg's controls, and so forth. I don't really have any experience with either unit, though.

You also might have better luck posting under the "Amps" forum rather than the "Basses" forum, and putting a subject heading on the post that describes what your question is ("Can I use an RBI with an Ampeg BA115?" rather than "Question:"), so that folks who might be familiar with the Sansamp units can easily spot it.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Good idea, Mike - done and moved.

BTW, I love my RBI (even though I'm going to be selling it - shedding my rack), but I agree with Mike - you may want to look at a SABDDI or the Acoustic DI instead.