Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can i use krazy glue to......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Apr 28, 2005.

1. glue the outside sorround back to the speaker frame of my eden driver. not the sorround that connects the cone. but the outer one by where u put the screws. any help will be greatly appreciated. since i have a gig tonight and i don't wanna have to haul my 8x10. which i love, but i got the eden for the medium size gigs with p.a. support.

thanks
    rodrigo

2. epoxy would prolly be better...but you really have to be careful in the application, as any mis-alignment can lead to premature failure...(potential damage to the voice coil...)

3. wait a minute, are you talking about the frame of the speaker? Or the outer part of the cone where it connects to the frame? the "suspension" or "corrugated" part of the cone?

4. im talking about the foam that is on the most outer side, by where u put the screws in.

5. What exactly is the reason you want to? If I may ask, just curious.

6. it came unglued from the frame, and air escapes from it when i play and makes a "fart" sound.