1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can I use my combo amp as the head for a cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drej42, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Drej42

Drej42

Apr 17, 2010
  2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Your amp has this:

# Studio 15B Amp:
    # 8" speaker
    # 15W
    # 4-band equalizer
    # 2 input jacks
    # Headphone jack
    # ETX. Loop jack

In order to use this amp to drive a separate cabinet you need a way to disconnect the internal speaker and connect it to the new cab. This means opening the amp and modifying it.

Considering the amp only has 15w you are either going to have a quiet rig or a very quiet rig, depending on the efficiency of the bass cab you hook it up to. It may very well be quieter than the stock speaker in the combo amp

3. Drej42

Drej42

Apr 17, 2010
    Since there are no positive outcomes to this I will just have to find another way, thank you for your help.

4. tifftunes

tifftunes Guest

Great recording set-up! Though limited in volume...

You could pull the speaker from the cabinet and hook a separate speaker cab to the leads temporarily... Modifying it for this option permanently is do-able, but may not be worth the effort.

5. Drej42

Drej42

Apr 17, 2010
    I am a newb when it comes to amp set-ups could you explain how to set it up for recording.