Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can it be ?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Gia, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Its the worst news of the century !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fallon Bowman has left Kittie. Talena (my former goddess heroine) is back to playing guitar and get this,
    the new bass player
    is a a man in his 30s called Boris.
    Well, i suppose if he can play well then i shouldn't have a problem.
    I dunno if Talena's playing bass on their new album or not.

2. That's some sig you got there.

3. Thank god for that. Maybe Kerrang readers won't vote her 'best bass player'.

The Boris dude is playing on the new album. Goes to show how serious Kittie are about the girl power thing, after all this guy is not female or is he young. He used to be a bass tech for them

They'll probably get another girl in to keep the gimmick up.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I am scared. :(

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Pantera Fan - There's a category for best bass player ?

MetallicaRules and lo-end - i don't get it. Dead girls don't say no. They don't say anything really.

6. Sorry, I meant Metal Hammer. They've got these awards for best drummer, guitarist, vocalist and bassist, as well as other stuff like best new band etc.

7. BrokenAngel, I wasn't implying that I didn't understand your sig, just that I thought it was interesting. I think its pretty funny actually, evil, but funny.

Naturally I'm sure you probably didn't even mean that we didn't understand it. You are probably just playing dumb pretending that you simply intented to state the fact that dead people can't talk, yeah, I have a habit of typing exactly what I'm thinking even when I probably shouldn't. God I'm stupid, stop typing now ok?
    Yeah.
    Now press 'submit reply'

8. Oh great, now its going to go to Fieldy or Mark Hoppus.....:D

9. Nah, it'll be someone like Meghan Mattox or Sam Rivers..the most popular. Talena got it because of her breasts.

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    you take that back mister.
    Anyway, Talena's kinda flat.

11. As far as I know, it wasn't an insult. It was the truth, a sad fact that the common people know so little about the bass that they have to nominate someone who has very little talent compared to others(Shavo Odadjian, Justin Chancellor).

Quite obvious that Talena got the award for being a chick.

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Is that like the law in Canada-da-da that says: It's not rape if it's dead? :D ;)

13. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Good for her. Probably the best carrer move she could ever make when it comes to music. Nothing like being known as "one of the guitarists in that chick metal band" to ruin one's playing carrer. As for that Boris guy, yea, even money says that they dump him for anouther chick who can bearly play bass and has even nicer breasts.