1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

can my bass make this sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gord_oh, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan

right in the beginning.

any effects that could accomplish this sound?

2. Sounds a bit Moog Bass Murf-ish.

3. I'm just guessing but a fuzz>bass murf

4. pyrohaz

pyrohaz

Apr 28, 2009
    Cheshire, UK
    I suppose a proper simple way would be through bass fuzz > either a manual wah (Starting at the high end frequency spectrum) descending to the low end, OR some form of descending touch wah :)

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    There are other pedals that could cop a similar sound with a dirt pedal (Seek Wah, probably a Prometheus) but it sounds like that was made with a MuRF. It's not a random step like a S&H filter, it is clearly stepping through a sequence.

I'd say a regular guitar MuRF would actually work best because there aren't much in the way of lows (it was probably a keyboard fed into a MuRF or similar synth patch) and with the envelope knob turned well past 5 to get that "backwards" sound.

6. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    i figured its probably a synth. but was curious as to if i could copy that sound to a bass. sounds a bit complicated from the replies.

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Not complicated, just a bit expensive. Get a fuzz (a Muff variant would work well in adding some "white noise") and a MuRF and you can make that sound.