1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can PedalPower 2 power a Boss RC-20XL looper?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HalfManHalfBass, Aug 4, 2005.

1. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Hi everyone, does anyone have experience of using the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 power supply with a Boss RC-20XL Loop Station pedal?

I rather embarassingly used to own a PP2 (before selling it) and remember that there were two switches to change the output on supplies 5 and 6 to Line 6 pedal requirements-which I think was also 200ma? (like the Boss Loop Station).

Do these outputs sufficiently power the Loop Station before I buy another PP2 again in error!?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

2. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The RC20-XL takes a standard 9V adapter (Boss PSA style), but the PP2's outputs are rated at 80mA apiece, while the RC-20 requires 120 mA according to Boss... hmmm... doesn't seem like it would work, and there's no mention on Voodoo's site about being able to modify the PP2's Line 6 jacks to increase their current, only their voltage... may be worth a call to Voodoo Lab. They're pretty helpful on the phone.

Alternatively, I do use a Godlyke adapter with the RC-20XL with no problem.