Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can some one help me with a Zoom 506?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Mar 27, 2002.

1. hey. a friend of mine has given me an old Zoom 506 mach 1 bass effects pedal. i didnt get a manuel with the thing is the problem. ive had a play about with it, and its quite fun and its got alot of good effects for the style of music me and my band play (metal). thing is fun is fair enough but im trying to find a way to make this thing useful for maybe gigs or recordings. should i give up now?

its "apparently" got a bunch of stuff in it like a tuner and an Eq but i cant figure out how to activate them without the manuel. also your sposed to be able to combine effects and tweek your sound and stuff...but once again no manuel...no can-do. ive searched the set for a manuel or at least a FAQ of some kind but came up with nothing.

So if anyone owns one could you please give me some help has to how i can make this thing useful and utilise some of its functions or at least gimme a run down of which effect is which and what they all do.

thanks alot for any assistant

remember: god is love

AnT

2. Didja get my email, I offered to copy the op manual and mail it to you. I have already copied and am waiting for an address.

3. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    bassbrad, you a nice guy ;)

4. make this thing useful?
    hmmm:

doorstop
    stick under short leg of a table
    doggie chew toy
    have some microwave fun
    trade for instrument cable at Guitar Center
    skeet shooting

what other ways can you think of using them fellow effects users?

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    - paperweight
    - soldering 101 guinea pig device
    - gift for your guitar player (if it makes weird noises of ANY kind, he will love it)
    - checking out what types of effects you actually LIKE (maybe 2 of the 24 it has...)
    - high-tech Bobo doll
    - tuner (only if there is no dial tone to tune by)
    - sell on EBay for 2x its actual value
    - ashtray

Sorry guys... I just couldn't resist this one! ;)

6. I know a good use!

Use it as a bass effects processor!!!

:D:D:D

MMMWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh, eh wait.....

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
  8. You could pretend to give it to your guitar player, then when he's about to take it..beat him with it.
    :p