1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can some one recommend a good drum machine app for android?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rev J, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    So the power supply crapped out on my drum machine about a month ago so I've gone back to the basic metronome routine which is fine with me but I'd love to have a good programmable drum machine app for my new phone. One of the things that I used to love doing was using a programmed Clave on the drum machine while I practiced Afro Cuban grooves. Since I just replaced my old phone with something a little more up to date I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good app to me.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. JipJ

JipJ

Jul 17, 2014
    The Netherlands
    good question. No answer? Or Nobody who can answer it?

3. The drum machines I have purchased have 100 drum tracks. Who needs 100 drum tracks. I would like to see one you could program six to eight patterns.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    I just downloaded the "Pro Metronome" app. I looked a a few Drum Machine apps that I wasn't too impressed with. I'll probably just get a new power supply for my old drum machine when I get my next paycheck.

C/S,
    Rev J

5. tinyd

tinyd

Mar 11, 2003
    Ireland
    It's not a programmable drum machine, but Drumgenius is a collection of great loops that can be speeded up and slowed down (within limits). I also use TimeGuru, which is a very flexible metronome app that you can use to program different rhythms - I've programmed in various claves (son, rumba, brazilian, 6/8)