1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can SOMEONE answer this question? LMII content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KAOSBass, Aug 30, 2008.

1. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Posted this in a couple of LMII threads with no answer, so sorry about this, but I need to know before placing an order for one.

Can the LMII through a 4 ohm 2x12 cab keep up with a Loud Drummer and 100 watt half/full stack playing guitarist? Granted he's not playing with it on 11, but still pretty freaking loud.

:D

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas

too many unknown variables for me to say--loud is subjective, different songs have more or less sonic space, etc...

fwiw, one of my bands has 2 guitarists, 1 with a ss marshall 412 and 1 with an orange rockerverb 50 212, and i can be heard quite well playing through a 400 watt thunderfunk into a single 8ohm accugroove tri112 with my volume between 3-4...our drummer in this band has great stick control though

conversely, another project i play with a loud drummer and my svtII into 810 can't stay clean to reach the volume i need to balance with him (no guitars in this one, just us)

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    The LMII is at least as loud as average for a 500-watt amp. Don't let the size and weight fool you. Plenty of people, self included, have gigged many, many amps over many, many years and have settled on the LMII. There is just nothing about it not to like as an everyday gigging amp.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It'll get louder at a clean volume than my 69 SVT. The 212 might slow it down a bit, but I think as long as you have a good EQ with strong mids, it should hold up pretty well.

5. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Cool, I guess I can give it a shot.... hell if anything else I could slave it into my Carvin DCM1000. :D

6. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    You cannot use the LMII as PRE. Its not designed for that. However, it IS a loud 500 watts. Unless, you are playing insanely loud it should be plenty with a 4 ohm load and an efficient cab. I've never had mine above 11:00 with the gain at 1:00. I usually have it at about 9:00-10:00.

7. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    One of my bands has the same setup as you. Loud drummer and 100 watt half or full stack. My LM2 has enough with either my SWR 8x10, or my SWR 6x10 or Bergantino 4x10. Not enough though with one Berg 2x10, or one Genz 1x12. This of course is for a gig with little or no pa support, or loud jam.

8. lostpoet2

lostpoet2

May 20, 2008
    In one word: YES.

Hope you have earplugs though.

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    The question is more a matter of "can the 212 keep up?" A LMII through a 410 will be louder than a LMII through a 212. A LMII through an 810 will be louder than both put together.

Get the right cab first to fulfill your volume needs. Then choose a head you like to power it.