Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can someone draw me a wiring diagram for this?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Alex, Nov 13, 2005.

1. I am new to electronics and I was wondering if someone could make me a comprehensive diagram for this setup:

2 EMG 35TW pups

2 volume knobs (1 for ech pup) w/ push/pull for single or double coil on each knob

1 tone knob

2. You can find very similar wiring diagrams to this on the net by using google. If you want to learn how to build guitars, then you need to learn how electronics work, there's lots of places to read up on this.

3. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    that diagram is available for free on Stewmac.com free info area without the push/pull switch.

for that, you would need to check EMG's website for wiring schematics or you can email them. their customer support is responsible for this kind of customer requests.

4. You probly don't have to go any further than this site. The 2 volume, 1 tone is a basic jazz wiring. The single/dual coil switches are probably around, they'll simply sit before the appropriate volume pot.

Someone should chime in if I'm wrong but your single/dual coil switch will just be a coil tap variant.

Josh D

5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    sounds like a dash over to the pickups/electronics forum followed by a simple search there is in order.

Bassman ... how in the world do you hope to build a bass from scratch if you can't even perform a simple search :confused: I'm about a guilty as they come here for posting loads of 'where to find' and 'how to' threads - but at least I spend a load of time searching thru the numerous threads in the proper forum and a good amount of time on Google first.

And before you start a thread on how to search the forums, might I suggest you take a look at the header area of each forum ...

... then again, maybe you're really a schitzo personality of the Qintar and you're just messing with us :ninja:

All the best,

R

6. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Not to pile on, but the new EMG pickups use a quick-connect system and you just buy their pots and plug the pickups into them. Look at the product spec for the 35TW.

7. so they're super easy to set up? sweetness :bassist: