Can Someone Help I Have Two Problems?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Squnk, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    Hello Everyone! I am kinda new to play and have been learning for about a month now and I have been having a couple problems, and I am not sure if it is something I can fix with just ajusting the knobs on my amp or is it in the way I play. The first thing is my finders slide to much on the strings, I know it does happen but I seem to do it alot and it just gets me really anoyed after it happens so many times. The second thing is on my E string or the biggest string(if the E string isn't the right string name) every time I release my finger from the fret I get a buzz or like a clicking sound I know it has something to do with the string vibrating against the fret. I know these but be common problems for a begginer but is there some way I can stop it or reduce the noise of it? Thanks alot!:confused:
  2. mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    if the sliding problem is with the fretting hand, try curving your fingers a bit more so you're holding down the strings more with the tips of your fingers than the bottoms; if the problem is with the plucking hand, try plucking with your fingers at more of a right angle to the strings. as far as the buzz goes, if you're not familiar with bridge and neck maintenance, it'd probably be best to take it to a shop to have a professional set it up properly.
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    damn, i was lookin' forward to some MATH!

check the technique and set-up forums for your queries.