1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can someone help me choose a 410 cab to match with my SVT7 pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HunterBurgan4Me, Feb 26, 2013.

1. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    I've had bad experiences with second hand things in the past so i'd go reluctant to go secondhand. I'm looking for a 410 cab under £400-£500.

Has anyone had any experience with B410HE ampeg cabs? Does anyone else know why it's so much cheaper than the other model? What differences are there?

Has anyone got anything nice to say about Marshall bass cabs? Or anything else?

I play predominantly metal/punk styles (Periphery, Deftones, Maximum the Hormone, KoRn, Dead Kennedy's, Anti Flag)

Could anyone help me choose something?

2. Take your amp and bass out and try as many as you can. Something will stand out.

3. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    Hmm not a bad idea if I can find time but unfortunately not a great deal of music shops around me

Has anyone got any suggestions on possibly getting a cheaper end of the market 410+115?

4. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    (to support the low B)

5. GK neo- 212 (410 if they have one) or regular (non neo) GK.

Bergantino HD/AE410

Mesa RR / PH 410 - heavy but darn good

If it were me.. I'd try & find 2 good 212 cabs!!!

U don't need a 115 to handle Low B freqs. Read up on matching speaker/driver sizes
    It's how the cab's bui;t which will let U get those frequencies

6. I run an Ampeg 410HLF with my 7Pro. It works awesome for me but it's a step above your budget it seems. The best advice it to take the head into a good store and play as many cabs as you can. There will be some that you hate and some that you might think are worth saving a bit extra for. ;Bear in mind though, the 7Pro puts out 1000 watts. So preferably you'll want to get a cab that has a big power rating, or you can potentially blow your speakers.

7. used Eden 2x12 awesome!!

8. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    Look fo ra USED Epifani 410 Mine is awesome with my 7pro

9. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    I dont think thats a good idea my friend..
    What will happen is youll get the cheap stuff, end up blowing the 15 as you push the cabs beyond their abilities to try to get the lows you desire (Im imagining as you mentioned the low B earlier)

it almost NEVER pays off to buy the low/cheaper end of stuff, ESPECIALLY THE SPEAKER CABINETS.

Save your money, and get a GOOD 410 for starters.
    I dont know how many times I see some kid buyin (his 1st) cheap 410, that can't reproduce the sweet bass tones like a real 410..thing sounds like poop, or blows up while pushed beyond its limits. Then he thinks 410 arent good for bass.

(ok, maybe I've never seen this, but its the impression I get from reading alot of threads round here.) :meh:

This sounds good.
    Or swr, or Eden..Mesa.. I know you didnt want to go used, but I think ,for a cab, as long as you try it out 1st, youll be ok.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Agreed. 1) don't skimp out on the most important part of your rig, and 2) don't fall for the 410/115 pairing. It's a bad idea. Read up.

11. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    A good, modern 410 will easily be as loud as two mediocre ones. So buying "expensive" might be very cheap and convenient compared to having to maintain and schlepp two boxes to get the work done.

I suggest the newer, Asian made Ampeg SVT-410HLF if you want to stay with that brand. A used Mesa, SWR or Eden might also be a good choise. I am personally less impressed by GK and cheaper Hartge models, especially if you have a powerful amp like that. Those cabs can generally not handle a fraction of the 1000W from that amp.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The B410he has recently been discontinued, so you better hurry if you want one new. It's not a bad cab as far as budget cabs go, but it is a budget cab subject to the limitations associated with budget cabs. But the SVT 410he is much better, especially newer ones, and honestly, I'd save up some more $$$ for one instead of accepting one that you're only going to wish you had splurged on the more expensive cab.