Can Someone Help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SEPunkRock, Sep 20, 2004.

1. SEPunkRock

SEPunkRock Guest

Sep 20, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Okay.. today I accidently dropped my bass on the kitchen floor. It's just that alluminum crap. But still. I have a Squirer by Fender, and it looks like the red-plastic paint crap is chipping off. When I dropped it, some of the red plastic crap broke.. soo.. now it's chipping off. I don't even know what I did to it! :bawl: I'm so pissed at myself. Well, I can see a little bit of wood underneath of where it's chipping off.

Is there some way to fix this? Should I just go to my local guitar shop where I got it from and pay the fixing price, or should I just save up even more money and get a really nice bass? And if I did take it to a shop, could they fix it?

Thanks for any advice.
  2. Is it red-plastic paint crap or red-plastic or red paint? If it's just the red paint or the pick guard, you can either go to the store and get matching nail polish or get a big-ole piece of duct tape or a NoFX sticker and slap it over the ding.

All punk rockers have dings on their instruments, it's in the contract when you sign up.

Dings suck, but they're inevitable. Wait and see how you feel when you ding up your first $1000 Stingray. Yep, it sucks. Your bass probably won't fall apart in your hands or anything.
  3. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    or you could refinish it yourself if you want something to do lol... thats what i did. i have a white squier P now instead of a blue one. or just put a sticker on it, or a bandade
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002

It's just paint.

Sure, you should save up for a better bass, but there are a lot of reasons better than the paintjob.
  5. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Good chance to start relicing your P-Bass, man!!!!
  6. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    ... just supposing it's a P-Bass... :)
  7. SEPunkRock

SEPunkRock Guest

Sep 20, 2004
    So. Cal.
    It's plastic chipping off, but it's red :rollno: I don't really no much about fixing basses, I've only been playing for about 6 months. But It's right on the edge of the bass, on the left right side, or if you're playing it, it would be the bottom, there's one crack at the top right on the edge, and one near the bottom, right on the edge. So I could put some stickers on it, but they would have to rap around the curve of the bass. It's not really a ding, if it was a ding, I wouldn't be posting right now, but if it keeps chipping off, I'm going to have a wood bass.

But I could just get some band stickers or some bandaids... lmao..
    Thanks for everyone's help.
  8. So let me get this's red plastic, but it's chipping off and there's wood underneath, on the left right side on the bottom edge and on the top on the edge and stickers would have to wrap around the curve of the bass.

Crystal Clear. ;)

You may have cracked the pickguard...that SHOULD be the only plastic thing on the bass. The pickguard is the thing that the knobs are on and goes around the pickup underneath the strings. It's possible that they didn't paint underneath the I right? You can get replacement pickguards to fit most Fender-style basses from any music shop or they can order you one in any color you want.

Still confused, but we're getting closer I think.