1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can someone hook me up with a wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by willsellout, May 16, 2011.

1. It's basically a L1000 with an added MFD Humbucker that I'd like to have a V/V/T setup. I also wanted to have a mini 6 pin 3 way toggle that I intended to use as a series, parallel, single coil switch. Only problem is I don't have a diagram for how to wire the mini toggle. Can someone point me in the direction or supply me with a diagram for this setup?

I've found diagrams for the V/V/T setup, but I just don't know how to wire and incorporate the switch.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan

2. Pick your switching scheme from here, and wire the "output" connection to the wiper terminal of the pickup's volume pot.
    4044630163_661f69db30_o.

3. Thanks very much. That helps. One question: When they refer to north and south coils, would North coils be the front and south coils be the rear coils?

4. Well, I refer to it as north and south, but in this case, it's neck and bridge. The coil closer to the neck is the north coil, and the coil closer to the bridge is the south coil.

5. Great, thanks!

6. These diagrams should work with any humbucking pickup, right? Say, a Dimarzio Model one? Thanks for the resource!

7. Not necessarily.
    You wouldn't want to do single coil options on split coil pickups, as you would end up with output for only half the strings. I would also imagine that south coil-only switching would not be useful on vertically stacked coil pickups.

You should be fine with a Model One, however. That is the mudbucker pickup, right?