Can someone identfy this song?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by JoeyRamone9, Apr 10, 2002.

1. JoeyRamone9

JoeyRamone9 disabled

Mar 30, 2002
    i was listenin to radio and heard a familiar tune, but didnt know the name, and i quickly picked it up on my bass, here is the TAB

A 035 0365 03530

i cant get it out of my head!
  2. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    We don't use tab around here, we, ummm, read music. You probably want to try the electric bass boards.
  3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    That's not a song! It's a European license plate number!
  4. Austria, I believe, right? ;)
  5. Hmm, I think that is Smoke on the water by Deep Purple. Your ears must be worse than mine thou, your hearing it up a whole tone.
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Hi, welcome to talkbass. You seem to have accidentally posted on the Double Bass (REALBASS) side of the board rather than the Bass Guitar (TOYBASS) side. What makes me think this?

1) Ibanez doesn't make Double Basses.

2) The Ramones didn't play double basses, although they may well have tried sniffing hide glue.

3) Double Bass players don't read TaBz.

4) The song title you're after is "Smoke On The Water", which was played on a toybass.

5) Double Bass players couldn't care less if your underwear rides up your crotch.

Next time, please post such questions on the BG side of the board. Have a nice day! :)
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Carbona...Not Glue!!!
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I shudder to think that we may have 8 other JoeyRamone's lurking on the board - what are they going to come up with? :eek:
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I see there was a hint recently - another question - this time vaguely in the right area! What is a fretless bass - a bass without frets - then how do you make the notes? :D

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Actually I better be careful, as the respondents were quite civil but got called rude names - I shudder to think what I might get called! ;)