Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can Someone Identify This Yamaha Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FilthyCherry, Dec 26, 2004.

1. FilthyCherry

FilthyCherry

Dec 26, 2004
    I'm told it's from the 60's but I can't find anything about old archtop yammies... :scowl: [​IMG]

2. FilthyCherry

FilthyCherry

Dec 26, 2004
    Yeah that is close, but I'm pretty sure this one is rather old. I tried the serial wizard at Yamaha and it came up blank. Seems odd that I can't find a single match on the internet. :(

3. FilthyCherry

FilthyCherry

Dec 26, 2004
    No other takers?

4. FilthyCherry

FilthyCherry

Dec 26, 2004
    So it's just this freak bass?

5. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Hey FilthyCherry,

All I could find was a online shop in Australia which had one which was sold.

Unfortunatley it has no serial number or model number, but here the link in case your interested.

Yamaha Semi-Acoustic

6. FilthyCherry

FilthyCherry

Dec 26, 2004
    Hey I appreciate the link! Thanks. At least there's another one out there...

It's just odd to find so little out there on these. It's nice to play too, and I've been grabbing it instead of the Alembic, but then that may be because I just acquired it, that and the fact that the Alembic needs new strings and I'm sort of a lazy fellow... :eyebrow:

7. I dunno but it sure is beautiful.

8. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    I just found this page which has a picture of what looks the guitar equivilant. I do remember seeing on the Yamaha Website about the BEX being the hybrid equivilant of the AEX guitar. So you could take it that the bass in the picture could be a Hybrid equivilant of the AES guitar.

Keep searching, you'll find it one day!