Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can someone please rate my tab

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by crazybassist420, Dec 26, 2001.

1. crazybassist420

crazybassist420

Nov 30, 2001
    Nuevo, Ca
    I wrote a tab for the song "Boiler" from Linp Bizkit and its been up on Mxtabs for about a month and I want someone to rate it just so I can gloat to my friends and actually feel good about myself (hopefully) forwriting it. So could someone please go to www.mxtabs.net and look up the song "Boiler" from Limp Bizkit learn it and rate it PLEASE
    Its at the bottom of the list and its by crazybassist420
    Thanks
    (only if you do it)

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Your rhythms are wrong.

3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    the timing is completely off. is that "0" a quarter, an eighth, or a sixteenth? :p

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    To hell with those guys....Bware the anti-tab fashists, dude! I think ur tabz look gr8!

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i dont like that song :puke:

6. crazybassist420

crazybassist420

Nov 30, 2001
    Nuevo, Ca
    Hey you guys do I have to do every single thing for you. I think you guys should be good enough not to whine about quarter notes and half notes.And to that one dude that said my tab was good you rock. To the other guys you SUCK!!!

7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i would try it out,but i dont like that song,and i dont have it on my computer or cd to play along with.but sam rivers is good,although i despise of limp bizkit.

8. You don't fool me CF, you chicks turn a fake leaf constantly. Like the weather in New England you are.

9. Eh....you had to open your mouth again. Dangit! And I wanted to help you out.

But instead I must critizicize like an old man. First off.... quarter notes and half notes are pretty important to music.....

Ah...forget it. I'm tired.

10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah,suuure........

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Butt didnt U here? He said I ROCK!!! Hah! That's wut U get 4 messing with me. 2 bad U cant B haff as cool as me. And what duz the whether half 2 do with NEthing?????:confused: :confused:

12. U B dissN me?
    mke like a banana and be leafin.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

lazyfascistgettingstoned@420

This is not a good way to make friends at a new site.

People are trying to give you honest, constructive criticism, which seems to be what you asked for, and then you get pi$$ed at them when they give their opinion? Why ask for help?

Oh, I get it! You're just wanting someone to rate the tab no matter how bad it sucks, JuSt So YoU cAn G37 5uM 1337 Pr/\15e 5o y0uR fR13|\|D5 w1|| 7h1|\|k 7H/\7 u r@(k?

Seriously, man, believe it or not, time values are probably the most important part of transcribing a song. I guess that I could just play it as all quarter notes with no rests. I'm sure that would sound great!:rolleyes:

This is just one of many reason that standard notation is far superiors to tAbZ.

FLICKERPISSNOSESCUM
    I'm not much of a reader(yet) but I'm getting old and curmudgeonly enough to become a member of (74|\| 7Ab3\/17. How do I get a nicname, and where do I sign up?

14. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    uh, ahem, who's writing the tAbZ here? eh? eh? you or me? eh, what's that, junior? "w00t"? what the hell? I ASK AGAIN, WHO IS WRITING THE TABZ HERE, YOU OR ME?! wanker.

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

BAMBOOZLER,

(74|\| 7Ab3\/17 ???:confused: What the **** is that noise? Is it some kinda TABZ FER RITTEN LANGUIJ? Man, I'm getting old....

However, back to the question at hand: by the power vested in me by the all powerful KING EDWARD FU II, I hereby dub thee, "PHLEGMBUSTER TABEVIL", in honor of both your own username and your latest bastardization of mine. Feel free to shorten it to "PHLEGM TABEVIL", or "PT" if you wish. And watch out for GREATBEER, for his signature blasphemes our code of honor. :D

On another note, are we still allowed to have this discussion in this forum? I thought that TINYPLASTICTRICYCLEFORTOTS outlawed this kinda thing a while back....

16. embellisher

By the way, telling people that they suck here is not tolerated. I am leaving your post as is, but if it happens again I will delete the entire post.

17. embellisher

Thanks, DURRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME! I am honored to be a member of Clan Tabevil, and will wear the handle Phlegm Tabevil with pride!:)

As for this thread, it is much too entertaining to allow it to leave my demesnes. If it gets out of hand, I will close it down.

Surely BIG DEAL can deal with one itty, bitty thwead?;)

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I believe you missed the irony in my post.

Also, why did you ask for our opinions if when we gave them you said the people suck? Go back to tabcrawler.

19. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Sure thing!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]